Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trace the Moment

This is a new story I am working on, but it won't be posted till I have at least 5 good long 3-4k word chapters.

This story is going to cover a lot of ground, starting in the past that tells up to present day.
Going to be rated M for lemons and of course some strong adult/mature themes in this story.




Well, I got to hit the road.” Jake pulled me into his embrace one last time. “Stay in touch Bells. Please.” I nodded into his chest, I was going to miss our closeness. But at the same time I was also eager for a break, Jake had feelings for me that I just couldn’t bring myself to return. He never once pushed me though, and I really gave him much credit for that.

As I took him in one last time, part of me wished that we had gotten together instead of me and Mike. I might not be running off to California if that had been the case.

I waved to Jake before I ripped the band-aid off and made a mad dash for my truck, my suitcases thrown in the bed and I was praying to not drive through any rain. I turned the key and the engine roared to life, an engine that Jake had rebuilt for me shortly after Charlie bought this truck from his dad Billy. I would always have a part of Jake with me and for that I was grateful.

I threw the transmission into drive and took off before the tears could blur my vision too bad and I would have to stop driving, possibly changing my mind and turning back to the only real home I’d ever known.

Once I made it outside the city limits my decision weighed less on my mind and my mind was more focused on the driving at hand. I luckily had a nice chunk of change saved up from working a ton of hours since I turned 18. Charlie wasn’t too pleased with me that I decided not to attend college, but at that point in my life I wasn’t ready to leave Forks. Mike was there and I assumed that we would get married, have a couple kids, couple dogs, and a house with a white picket fence.

No such luck, Bella.

Those dreams were smashed to tiny pieces when six months ago I walked in on Mike with Jessica Stanley. Mike, being the asshole he was, forgot he had given me a spare key to his apartment.

I shook my head, bringing myself back to reality when I noticed that the gas gauge on the truck was hovering dangerously close to E. Looking around I saw the bright welcoming lights of a nearby gas station where I pulled into and filled up the tank. I saw a welcoming Hotel sign illuminating through the darkness a little way down from the gas station, which would be my next stop. I needed to close my eyes and feel the softness of a bed for a couple of hours. I still had a good chunk of Oregon to cover before I even hit California.

No comments:

Post a Comment